1. The first stage is deciding that you’re ready for a holiday. If you’ve been overworked for too long or haven’t had a holiday for a good while, then you won’t need too much convincing.
2. Next you need to decide what type of holiday you want. Do you want somewhere relaxing or somewhere lively? Do you plan on sitting on the beach for a week or going off to explore?
3. If you’ve decided on a relaxing beach holiday, then somewhere like Menorca could be exactly what you need. With 300 days of sunshine and glorious beaches, it’s perfect for couples and families.
4. If adventure and culture are more to your tastes, then why not try Poland, Bulgaria or Holland? Each has a lot to offer, from fascinating museums and theatres to beautiful architecture and scenery.
5. Think about when you plan on going on holiday. You may have set annual leave at work that determines when you can and can’t go, or you may have lots of flexibility.
6. Decide on the airport you’d prefer to fly from. There are some excellent airports all over the country, so whether you’re in Liverpool, Sheffield, Durham or anywhere else, you are well connected to the world.
8. Once you’ve found your ideal flights, it’s time to decide what type of accommodation you’re looking for. Do you want a self-catering apartment, a bed and breakfast facility or a half or full board hotel? Many airport websites will also help you to find great hotels and apartments.
9. Once you’ve chosen and booked your flights and accommodation, it’s down to the little extras. These include transfers to and from your hotel as well as airport parking and travel insurance. Make sure you have everything taken care of, so you can start looking forward to your holiday right away.
10. Make sure you have everything you need in terms of clothing, sun creams, plug adapters, reading material, and then get packing. After that, all that’s left is to enjoy your holiday.
Now you’re ready, why not check out flights to Menorca to spend your holiday relaxing or flights to Holland if you’re looking for culture and fun.
You could fly from Liverpool John Lennon airport, which offers many great deals all over Europe, so may be perfect if you want flights to Majorca or flights to Gdansk in Poland.